Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Discouragement and a Brag

Silly me, I thought everyone should like tie dyed clothing for little people. In February, my friend ordered some newborn outfits for a baby shower she was giving, and according to her, everyone raved about them. So, I got a long distance call from Albuquerque, ordering some onesies newborn tie dyed outfits for another baby shower, but it had to be a rush order. I dyed them in Albuquerque colors, with a wonderful spiral for a little tiny baby boy, and overnighted it. Well, after three weeks on not hearing anything, nor receiving payment, I began to wonder what happened, but I sat patiently by. In a few more days I got a phone call from my friend in Albuquerque, apologizing for not sending the money, but it seems like the recipient didn't appreciate the tie dye, and said she probably wouldn't dress her baby in any of it, so could it be returned? Of course I was happy to have her send it back, which she did, promptly. So then I was left with some wounded pride, wondering whether I should give up.
Allison's friend Heather wanted matching Easter outfits for her three little ones, so she ordered 3 matching hoodies, which she wanted in "Hard Candy" colors. (See Peaceful Ones )
I didn't get the first batch bright enough, but the second try was Easter colorful. She was thrilled, and I started feeling better. So here's the brag. Check out Heather's blog for a photo of the finished products. Thanks, Heather. I needed the success.
Love to all.

No comments: