Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Annual photos of the Garden

John is re-roofing the old shed, and when I was standing on it, I had to take a picture of the garden.  It looked so artistic as well as delicious.   This is one of our better gardening years, except that it was several weeks late due to the cold and rainy spring.
 The lower left center above shows the new zucchini variety we're trying....it's huge with gigantic elephant-ear sized leaves, but the zucchini is not; it's crispy and serrated.  The corn was planted after the spinach was gone, so it's grown really fast in the heat.  And the beans are plentiful.


And I have to put a few of my flower pictures in, too.   The daylilies are gorgeous.

2 comments:

Kass said...

Oh me, oh my. When can I come over?

baodad said...

It's fun to see your pictures! All my lilies had come and gone by June, so your season really is late!