Sunday, January 11, 2009

It's Official : The Invitation

It's Here!! We have officially been invited to the Inauguration of Barack Obama, and just in case you think it's a mistake, I even took a photo of the envelope addressed to John. Are we going? Do you know any hotel within 500 miles that might have accommodations?
This reminded me of another inauguration I went to: President Richard M. Nixon. I was the featured singer. Well, O.K., I was with 350 other featured singers; The Mormon Tabernacle Choir. And boy, was it ever c.c.c.c.colllldd. I think we sang on the steps of the Capitol Building, after Richard Nixon had been sworn in. The evening before the inauguration, I had my 15 minutes of fame, when the choir performed at Constitution Hall. Since I was the youngest and the shortest singer in the choir, I was placed in the front row center. After we finished the obligatory Battle Hymn of the Republic, Choir Director Richard P. Condie was so proud and beaming, he walked over to me, shook my hand, and gave me a big kiss on the cheek. This was before the days of digital cameras, so I'm sure there is no documentation.
You'll just have to take my word for it.

2 comments:

Sarah E. said...

How fun! I didn't know that. It's going to be quite the party I hear.

baodad said...

I'm sure there will always be room for a few more people there! (Maybe?)