Friday, October 17, 2008

The Hunter's Moon

The spectacular moon this month has wowed me. This little photo was taken at 7:30 a.m. while I was in the yard walking the dog. The wind had not come up yet, the temperature was mild, and I was overjoyed at the wonder of it all. It's amazing that we are part of this incredible universe.
Here is a fact I learned on the weather report this week: Indian Summer is the time of beautiful fall weather AFTER the first frost, so we are enjoying a gorgeous time right now. Don't blink or you'll miss it. Each month the full moon has a name. This month is called the Hunter's Moon, and you can probably figure out why.
It's like someone turned on the brightest night light.
This is a post in progress, so more will be updated later. For now, here are some pictures of the yard from this morning. You can see why it is so fun being outside with the dog.
The picture on the left is a piece of driftwood we took from the house on Plaza Way. The leaves are now just coming down.
The photo on the right shows the empty garden after the frost.
Remember how it looked on a previous post during the summer?

And below is a photo of John's Inukshuk--an eskimo-type rock formation. It looks like a woman with wind blowing through her hair while she stand as sentry.

1 comment:

Allison Watkins said...

I think part of why people ask me to photograph them or their kids is because of the "way" I see things through a lense. The people like to see the world the way I see things. What i have never really considered until reading your blog is how fun it is to see the world through your lense. I am grateful you have taken a moment to show us what you see. I have to say it's really fun to literally see things the way you see them.